NO SPAM BOTS ALLOWED !
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

The Pond -> WEB SITE RULES

#1: No icon NO SPAM BOTS ALLOWED ! Author: PostalWorker PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:24 pm
    —
Hello everyone,

I am your host and I deny 4 to 5 members a day & the site is not even open yet,
these are web bots designed to sign-up to every web site to produce SPAM.

Forum spambots surf the web, looking for guestbooks, wikis, blogs, forums, and other types of web forms that it can then use to submit bogus content. These often use OCR technology to bypass CAPTCHAs. Some spam messages are targeted towards readers and can involve techniques of target marketing or even phishing, making it hard to tell real posts from the bot generated ones. Other spam messages are not meant to be read by humans, but are instead posted to increase the number of hyperlinks to a particular web site, to boost its search engine ranking.

This category of spambot has gained considerable notoriety since November 2006, with the introduction of XRumer, a forum and wiki spambot which can often bypass many of the safeguards administrators use to reduce the amount of spam posted.

One way to prevent spambots from creating automated posts is to require the poster to confirm their intention to post via e-mail. Since most spambot scripts use a fake e-mail address when posting, any email confirmation request is unlikely to be successfully routed to them. Some spambots will pass this step by providing a valid email address and use it for validation, mostly via webmail services. Using methods such as security questions are also proven to be effective in curbing posts generated by spambots, as they are usually unable to answer it upon registering.

WE DO NOT WANT YOUR KIND HERE . . . . IF YOU GET PAST ME, ONCE FOUND YOU GET THE BOOT

The Pond -> WEB SITE RULES

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1